International English Summer School FOR ADULTS 2022
If you want to make only the 1st instalment amounting to EUR 88, please fill in the application forms and wait for a message from us!
If you make the full payment, you must fill in compulsory the application form!
August 1-10 in ZOOM or in the recreation site "Tūbeļi", Durbe Parish, Dienvidkurzeme Municipality
4 classes or 8 academic lessons (in total 80 academic lessons) and other activities every day
Adults and teenagers from the age of 16 with preliminary knowledge in English (elementary / pre-intermediate / intermediate / upper intermediate level).
Diverse English classes in small groups under the supervision of professional teachers with appropriate education in English Philology and experience in pedagogical work are planned. We’re going to learn 8 academic lesson every day.
4 academic lessons – all skills (speaking, reading, listening, writing) mastering, afternoon – one grammar class (2 academic lessons) and second class for discussion (2 academic lessons).
The experience shows that it is not tiresome to have 8 academic lessons a day – teachers are changed for the groups and afternoon classes are held in different rooms! We’ll have the discussions also in open air.
During the free time you can enjoy the nature, take sunbath, refreshen in the pond or Lake Durbe that is quite near. In the evenings, we’ll plan some common activities – go in sauna, bake pancakes and cupcakes, organize a picnic, enjoy open-air cinema, and definitely have some sports together. If one wishes, we can go to some nature park for a walk. We’ll plan the time according to our wishes :)
Program is available: HERE
- Baiba Kačanova – Dr. Philol. in applied linguistics, she has defended the doctoral thesis regarding teaching English as a foreign language in Latvia; qualification of teacher of English and German; University lecturer of English at Liepaja University, several years experience in teaching English in NBS School of Languages, etc.
- Guntars Dreijers – Chairman of Senate at Ventspils University, Associate Professor in the Faculty of Translation Studies, Leading Researcher; Doctor of Philology in Comparative and Comparative Linguistics (Dr.philol.); lecturer of English at Liepaja University, etc.
- and others
Participation – 388 EUR (in Zoom) or 848 EUR (in person)
The fee includes classes of 80 academic lessons, distribution materials, accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea, coffee, snacks, sauna.
50,00 EUR discount
- Present and former participants of PURE Academy courses (who have learned and received a certificate)
- Participants of previous English Summer Schools organized by PURE Academy
- If registering two or three persons together etc.
Please note – discounts are not summed up!
The first instalment amounting to EUR 88 must be made within 3 days after application, the remaining sum – to 01.07.2022. If required, we can agree on other payment dates. The first installment is not repaid, if you decide not to take part in the school.
If the payment is not received by 01.07.2022, place in ESS is not guaranteed anymore.
If you change your mind and, after full payment, decide not to participate in the school, please inform us to 15.07.2022. After 15.07.2022 the payment received will not be refunded.
Place and accommodation
The Camp is organized in the recreation site “Tūbeļi”, Durbe Parish, Dienvidkurzeme Municipality, ca. 25 km from Liepāja.
Accommodation in shared room in the sauna house or in the "dreamery". Everyone will be provided with convenient bed and bedclothes.
3 meals a day – breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea, coffee, various snacks are ensured during the ESS
Since learning is panned in small groups, the number of places is limited! Please apply timely!
At the end – certificate attesting the obtained level of knowledge!
phone 26354505, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org